Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wher to?


What if all of us just did not have a specific "purpose" in life...imagine...we did not have that tweeching urge to always find out "what am I here for"
And at the age of 25...when everybody else is "settling" down,getting married,buying houses,etc...it is a very bad thought to have...

Honestly...I envy people who have a plan in life...or those who get their set path...who can be content with what they got and work on making it better...

I dont like the restless me...always wanting to find out where it is headed...or where and when will it stop...
I dont say I am alone...I know many a people who are similar...who share the same road with me...

Take this girl I am talking to as I write this post...The girl, who teaches a class of students more or less of the same age (even elder at times) to her...
I know she is soo good that she does it with ease...but I also know what she is better at...how good she can be else where...
(One of the many things I like about her though is that...she never does what she doesnt like...and she had the guts earlier to give up a job she did not like...I know what it takes to give up something in hand..when there are times you just cant take it...the mismatch is more frustrating than the money offered...or what would people say...)
Lot to learn from her...and lot to teach as well..

The problem with India is that you dont find your job...the job finds you...and that I think is the main reason why so many people are soo unhappy with what they do...

I mean...how many people who join companies actually know what they are going to do...the work profiles described are always vague and honestly...misleading and useless...

I wish there wasnt this constant pressure about where am I headed...
I wish somone loved me for what I am...and not for the job/position i hold...respected me for the person that I am...and not out of the designation i hold...scolded me for the mistakes I make...and not out of ego clashes...and praised me out of concern and not "because someone asked them to"

Wierd...but thats how we humans function...
Post a Comment
Google+