Friday, March 27, 2009

...steps...banter...coloured hair...small talk...

She was taking the stairs...I saw her from the passage below...
The moment was sudden...if i would have continued being in my thoughts, i would have almost missed her...

She looked at me...And tried not to react....just a faint smile....thats it...as if to wait for my reaction...
I moved up the stairs...closer to her...

I gazed at her...and said a faint "HI"...almost unheard...
She smiled again...

She looked different...beautiful...but different...coloured hair...golden highlights...still amazingly pleasant to look at and adore...

I was supposed to be angry with her...for not keeping in touch...and this time i was sure of not letting all that go so easily...

"The hair looks good...suits you....but never thought you would do something with your hair...considering you love it soo much!"
(Now this....was supposed to be my "fun joke conversation starter"! damnn it...i suck at this!)

"Yeha...just tried it cause my best friend insisted..." She said.

"Where are you these days yaar! I forgot the last time i spoke to you...werent you supposed to reply??"I asked, in a firm and staunch voice.
(I guess...i thought getting straight to the point was "the thing to do" then...since we dint have much to talk about otherwise...)

And then...it was back to normal...our childish arguments...the friendly banter...it was all back..

"Damn it...thats always the case,isnt it...i can never be angry with you!" I grunted,trying to stop her from playfully hitting me.

"NOPE....and thats the best part" She giggled.

The steps of the stairway started making a noise...as if they couldn't stand our argument...Mom was coming downstairs...

She gave us one look and said, "You both are at it again...Go upstairs...everyone is looking for you..."
And she kept moving downstairs....

We both looked at each other...smiled and started taking the steps up...

Me: "So....caught the new movie...?"
She: "You din give me any..."
Me: "You never asked or called..."
She: "Ohh....don start again...!"

Yeah....Dont start again....lets just stick to the small talk...
Post a Comment
Google+