Sunday, May 09, 2010

...For all its worth...

I raced my car as fast as i could...it was past 12 am through the night...the roads only reflected the yellow lights...

The music was loud enough...the conversations went on and off...and me and my friends were headed to his place...not really knowing exactly why we were going there...

He had called some time back...only to say that he again had a fight with his dad...so he couldnt meet up...
His voice cracked into a teary sound...
"He has given me 8 more days to move out..."

We told him we were coming...simply because we couldnt leave him like that...

We reached the narrow lanes to his house...and we sat down...on a circle of benches...
Dark hot night...all five of us on different benches...and we just looked at him in silence...

I wondered where and how these things lead up to...Love can ask so much from you at times...
A guy torn in between a girl and his family...

We had soo much to tell him...so much to "shake" him up...tell him that he has changed..and even after doing everything he can...we cant see him at peace with himself...

I looked at Varun...and he spoke...
"So...your dad wants you to move out...are you sure you dont have a choice? cant this marraige wait longer...? do you really want to go against and away from your family? Is this all worth it?"

We asked and he explained...the discussion went on ranging from priorities to ego issues...

I wonder if anyone had thought we would be like this...discussing marriages and parents...from what started 8 years back with journal entries,diodes and transistors...

What bothered us...the soul reason we were there at his place till 2.30 in the night...was one simple reason...
"We do not want to lose the friend we had made 8 years back...and we only want his peace...nothing else matters...nothing else is worth it..."

yes...8 years of friendship...and some things never change...

People ask you if its worth going against your parents, who have raised you and given you so much, for a love that is new and uncertain...
I think honestly...there is really no answer to this question...coz in this case....only TIME can tell you what is right or wrong...and its worth...


I wish you all the luck my friend...and I hope when I read this post a few years down the line...I can say to myself...
"Hmmm....it was,It was really worth it after all..."
Post a Comment
Google+