Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A big SMILE...Because I can...!

When Jerry Seinfeld was asked why he wanted to shelve down a descent and plush bungalow and build a new one for himself more bigger and better looking...costing him almost double the amount...his simple reply to that, with a faint smile, was "Because I can."

I like those three words..."BECAUSE I CAN"...highlights the thin line between what you want in life..what is necessary...and what you can actually achieve...

Life has generally turned slow these days...and my final publishing of this post today after a good 11 days shows my height of laziness...
But i like SLOW...idle time...a stage of self contemplation and peace...

Anways...finally got out of the house today and had some fun with friends...a loud dinner...and a looongg drive through the night..

Was just thinking today,while helping a whining friend recover, about how people say things like "we met...met again...and then 'one thing let to another'...and stuff happened"
I never got this statement called 'one thing let to another'
I mean...how can u just say it...everything that you do and dont do is in your control...always...you just cant say that things got outa hand....its like giving an excuse for the sins YOU committed...
Makes me wanna tell them...how come people like me never come across this 'one thing let to another' syndrome...Its because we know where to get ourselves involved and where not to...!
I mean yeahh...sure...i am tired for love to happen to me...the RIGHT kinda love...the "makes your world go round" kinda love...but i atleast dont regret doing anything stupid...
But i dint tell him all this (i think is should hav!)...just sipped my cold coffee...and stared at his sad face...


Was taking a ride alone in the bus today...something about the music playing i think...was remembering some good times...and how wonderful things can be...but as they say..."the first step towards being happy is to stop expecting things"

I think most of our sorrows are a twisted tale of unfullfilled expectations...Good things will happen...believe me they will...but give them the right time...

I am glad that after 11 days of trying to publish this post...I am finally hittin the publish button tonight with a big smile on my face...

To more good times and unexpected happiness ahead...a big CHEERS!

Post a Comment
Google+