Tuesday, June 24, 2008

...the struggle...

We always talk of people who struggle...about people who have had hardships in life and made it big...
Every great man...has a great story to tell...story of sacrifice,persistence,pain,hunger and suffering...before they made it big...

I wonder if in this unbalanced world,all those who suffer make it big...because....after all....suffering and sacrifice too are very relative and subjective terms...

I know of this guy at my workplace...18 year old...young guy who recently gave his 12th (HSC) exams...
He is a seemingly light hearted guy...always cracking up stupid jokes and fooling around...and the office people dont really mind him coz he is the youngest among the sales executive lot...

On his result day...I asked him what he plans to do ahead...
It was obvious that him doing a job was a necessity to support his family...the very reason he took up a job before even completing his graduation was evidence of this fact...

He told me that he dint really know...and he asked me about various options and its scope ahead...I was giving him all the info i could...
At one moment...he cursed his fate and his family...the tension spread all over his face...
He looked at me with a face which asked why was it so difficult for him to make a choice then...why couldnt he afford to leave the job and study like normal 18 yr olds...and i had no answers...

His result was out...and he scored a descent 62%...and this was a total one month of study before the exams...as he dint get time due to the job...

I did see him the next morning...He seemed really low....with the smile on his face gone...and the tension evident again...
I went up to him and asked what had happened...and he just turned away....trying to avoid looking at me...it was as if he was almost to tears....
I left him alone...and i went out...

After about an hour or so...i saw him leave the office...I called him...
"This is for you...Your result was out yesterday...I just thought you deserve something for your efforts..." I said removing the Cadbury Temptations from my pocket.

His face lit up with glee...He thanked me...hugged me...and I have seen him smiling, as always, after that...

Sometimes...You dont need money...you dont need luck....you dont need success...
All you need is someone appreciating you...and believing in what you do...

The Struggle
Have you ever traveled down a road to find there was no end
For every corner that you turned there was another bend
The faster that you walked, the longer that it seemed
And you were all alone, in this crazy dream

Crazy dreams that you dream alone
When the lights go out and no one's home
You see the day for what it's been
And you wish to God you could stay clean

The morning brings you to the road you didn't want to travel
and every step you take again makes your life unravel
You keep on walking down the path, wondering what you'll find,
and pray that when you find it you wont have lost your mind

It's halfway through another day and you're looking for those dreams
knowing they can make your life better than it seems
If only to forget your pain for a little while
you can travel down the road just another mile

The night is now upon you, the miles are on your face,
But you keep going forward to your final place.
You know the end is coming soon, you see it straight ahead
And if they don't forget you, you never will be dead
Post a Comment
Google+