Saturday, April 14, 2007

...9 to 5...

With a pile of 300 résumés on his desk and a need to pick someone quickly, my boss told me to make calls to the bottom 50 and toss the rest.
"Throw away 250 résumés?" I asked, shocked.
"What if the best candidates are in there?"
"You have a point," he said. "But then again, I don't need people with
bad luck here."

-- Becky Horowitz

I have always contemplated over the fact that if i have come to this world to do something...to live something...
will it be as simple as doing a 9 to 5 job??
(And those who are presently working...even if you are getting a 50k per month package...just think over this!)

Thats just plain "hard to digest" material for me...and its worries me sometimes...
They say...Its only until you realize what you want from life will u be happy and satisfied...

The word "happy" reminded me of these lines....

You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something
themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want
something? Go get it. Period."

I have this friend and senior at office...He is in 2 minds about leaving his present job for a higher pay package...and he has no probs with his present job except the moolah...
I think this situation comes in everyones life...its like leaving ones second family...for...money!!
The decision is obvious though...we work for money rite...

But somehow i dont like the concept of "working for money"...
Make the money work for you...

I think...each one of us has this ability...to make money work for us...
But what most of us lack though...from the quotes above...is either the right amount of WILL...or just plain old right amount of LUCK!

The point is...
Its not if you get there...its whether you tried...
else of course...you still hav your 9 to 5 job!
;-)



Post a Comment
Google+