Friday, September 23, 2005

A walk with her....


Why is it so that you say the most stupid things when you with the person you LOVE (i dunno if its right to use this word these days...)
I met her on the way to college the other day....We were walkin...I was sayin nothin...she was awfully quiet...
And i was having the best walk of my life!!
I dunno if it was the silence or it was her...for 2 minutes...IT WAS PERFECT!! And it happened....
I realised that the "pause" was gettin nowhere...and on the threshold...i needed to speak something....something....anythin...and it had to be quick!

I was now beginning to feel as if the silence was because she was uncomfortable...

"You seem nervous today....any problem??",I asked.
"Nervous...naa re....why do u think that??"
"Am i makin you uncomfortable?? Coz i wudnt want that....",I continued.
"No re....nothin like that...."She put up a smile...

After this...i had to move on to something else....u know...change the topic...
And then i said the most stupidest and seemingly the most offending two words in the history of conversation...

"Then why the WORN OUT look?"
Of all the millions of words in english i used...WORN OUT!! [i obviously dint mean that....it just came out of my head...frm nowhere!....well...its difficult to think straight about what you say when u are with the person u like :-D]
"Worn out???" she asked.

Realising what i had just done...
"ok...worn out is not the word...forget it....",I said and we moved on to something else...

I posted this basically to make a note of this moment...frm the "perfect" SILENCE to my being a "perfect" IDIOT!
Post a Comment
Google+