Monday, March 28, 2005

..Love is all around...

Plz Note: I hav been gettin a lot of Comments for this post sayin this story is not true...Ppl...Isnt that OBVIOUS!!! The "soul" of this post was something else...too bad very few (Read Animesh and Kay) got it....
:-P




My visits to the doc's place has increased for the past few days {Damn...this cold...}
I went today for a common cold but returned with a "pain" in the heart....Here's what happened...

Theres usually a long queue at my docs place and it frustrating sometimes...I went early today to make sure i wont have to wait for long...I scanned through his 'dated' magazines in his waiting room and looked at his cabin door....(Damn the patient inside was takin soooo long...) And then she entered...
I took one look at her...She gav a smile and i returned it with my dimple...
She came and sat a bit far from me...Now...generally i dont talk to strangers...(and never to strangers who are gals!!...) But then she was around 15-16 and i said to myself what harm would a cute 15 yr would do to you...besides i had to pass my time and there was hardly anything else to do...
So...i pulled myself closer to her and made a faint "HI" sound...She looked at me with strange suprised eyes...Before i could say anything else,she said,"Hi...I have AIDS..."

I looked at her....trying to sink in what i had just heard....and the next thing that came out of my mouth almost at the very next second was..."SO???" I put on a vague smile and said,"So...thats an excuse for not talking to me??"
Her surprised eyes suddenly gleamed and she laughed...
"No...generally people tend to ignore me..."
ME: "Well...generally you must not be meeting people like me..." (I couldnt think of anything else to say...)
And then we started talkin....
Her name...Sunanya...
We talked for about 10 mins after that (nothin special...just abt her school and stuff...)
The cabin door opened and it was my turn to go in...
I looked at her and i just knew i had to do this...
"I would love to be in touch with you...",I said. I dunno why but my heart was pounding like hell...

She took a pause and all she said was...
"I wont...because i would hate to loose people like you..."

I looked at her one last time and turned back...
I knew i had done the right thing and i couldnt stop smiling....The words she used helped me realise i am not at all a bad person :-)
While returnin back...i passed the waiting room and waved BYE to her...

I know it sounds silly....but i want to have more of the doc's visits!!!
I feel a pain in the heart when i think of what happened...But at the same time i feel happy...
Happy about the fact that she knows how to live Life...
Post a Comment
Google+